SUPPORT CARE WORKER
Location: Southampton & Hampshire
Service: Adult Services
Job Role: Support Care Worker
Job Type: Full time/Part time/Flexi
Salary: Starting from £9.00 hourly
In accordance with Care Quality Commission Essential Standards and current Company Policies the staff member will endeavour:
To participate in life planning for service users to include:
a) Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management Team.
b) Delivering a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
c) Liaising with relatives, other staff and other professionals in conjunction with the Home Manager.
2. To ensure that the agreed psychological guidelines for each service user are followed in consultation with the Management Team.
3. To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
4. To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users’ reviews as required.
5. To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
6. To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
7. To use initiative in creating, and delivery of appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
8. To accompany and organise transport when required for service users to attend activities outside the home.
To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home to meet the needs of each service user.
10. To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
11. To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
12. To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
13. To participate in staff meetings contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
14. To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Home Manager in times of emergency.
It is the nature of the work of Acorns (Southern) Limited that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that tasks which are not specifically covered in the job description are undertaken.
These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes a regular or frequent part of the member of staff’s job, it will be included in the job description after consultation with the member of staff.
You will be required to become proficient in behavioural management techniques including physical intervention. We will provide Team Teach training to equip you with these skills.
The list above is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post without changing the general character or level of responsibility associated with the post. This job description will be reviewed annually as part of the performance management process. A review can also be initiated outside of the annual review process by either the post holder or the Home Manager.